Sunday, December 16, 2018

I was shocked to discover how long it has been since I wrote a post on my blog. My only excuse: after telling my family I was not going to write another novel, I did. In fact, I started it two weeks after that ridiculous announcement. Two years later, it is done. RANGE OF MOTION is the journey of an avid gardener and long-time Northern Michigan cottager, Maggie Aron, who finds herself trapped not just by the physical realities of aging, but with a sense that she also is battling 'sciatica of the soul' that threatens to diminish her life going forward. I am intensely proud of this very personal book. Like Maggie, over the last two years I struggled to help an elderly Mom. Her passing a year-and-a-half ago was difficult and taught me a great deal about the importance of trying to live life to the fullest. When my own sciatica turned out to be a severely deteriorated arthritic hip (how on earth can someone misdiagnose something so  badly?), I feared replacement surgery---which has turned out to be wildly successful, for which I gave profound thanks to my fabulous surgeon. I am going to be able to garden again, something I was afraid would be beyond me. So as I post this entry, it is with deep feelings of joy and gratitude. And I promise, it will not be two years in between posts this time!  Blessed holidays to all!

No comments: