Saturday, January 26, 2019

We hiked three miles in an hour-and-a-half on North Mountain on a rock and scree covered trail. For long stretches, rock outcroppings made the going tricky. I not only survived but thrived. Every day I give thanks to the amazing surgeon, Dr. Ott, for making good on his promise to give me back my life with a new hip. The trail was a true deja vu moment only better the second time around. The hike a year ago at that spot wound up with me laid out on a decorative wall at the end, trying to stretch out the painful tight muscles in my hip. I barely made a fraction of the distance we covered today. And it HURT.  This time around I gloried in the stunning
scorpion-weed and primrose blossoming along the trail and the sun beating down. A beautiful day in the neighborhood.

No comments: