Saturday, February 2, 2019

Chilly and rainy in the Southwest. Nothing, however, compared to photos friends are posting of Northern Michigan. Gonna think spring with some photos of things sprouting. Came across these 'rejects' from my husband and my SECOND LEAVES project several years ago, a beginning botany book for kids to help them understand how plants grow. I have fond memories of mud all over our dining room floor in NY when John was trying to use a light box to get shots of seedlings I had growing on the window sill. Turns out  the mess was worth it. Some unknown school or schools somewhere ordered 260 copies a while back---apparently to use the work as a textbook.  Really cool.  It was the largest ever single order of one of my books. Maybe we didn't use these particular shots, but it looks like the little guys are dancing.



No comments: